Oct 24, 2013

SSFIV AE 2012 - Honda Cup 2013

Ahoy!

I participated in a hilarious online Super Street Fighter IV tournament that is still ongoing, with a pretty severe restriction: You got to play as E. Honda!  Sadly I'm knocked out of the tournament now, having lost one match and then losing again in the loser's bracket, but damn.. it was fun! Honda is a character I've only briefly touched before in SSFIV AE 2012, but(t) he's pretty dang fun to play!

I'll post the video of the last match I played here, against the notorious and mysterious 'Hermbutt', sometimes known as 'Herminator', or 'I aM Fake zZz'.



If this kind of thing sounds like fun, I strongly encourage everyone to register at www.blockstring.com, a friendly and helpful fighting games community.  This is a great place to level up your game with tips and feedback from players of all skill levels, and you get to participate in events like this one.

If anyone's curious how these tournaments are set up, here is page laying down how the rules and how its organized, for example that this particular tournament is 'double elimination'.

SSFIV AE 2012 is STILL the king of fighting games far as I'm concerned that's well worth getting into even after the few years it's been out, so if that video above looks fun, and you're not familiar with the game? I consider it the best fighting game your money can buy still. So pick it up during sales or something! :)

No comments: